America celebrates Christmas in 2017 with unprecedented joy and optimism for the future!
Yes, that is right, we live in the greatest country in the world, in what can be the greatest time in history, and we are Americans with a capital “A”!
Why the unbridled excitement, you ask? There is the Mueller Russia investigation … the constant assault on the public from an ever-intrusive government … the risk of nuclear war with North Korea … lots of scary stuff for sure. But the 2017 Christmas season is a time to celebrate with giving and with thanks, and if you focus on the positive, and turn off the mainstream news, this Christmas season can be one of inspiration and joy!
Top 5 Reasons (in no particular order) that it is Truly a Merry Christmas in 2017!
- ISIS Defeated in Iraq. It is rare the U.S. wins a war and few people know about it. ISIS became the next evolution of Al Qaeda, even more brutal and depraved than the original Bin Laden and Zarqawi versions. In 2014, they took over large swaths of territory in Iraq and Syria and formed their own country, as well as declaring a Muslim Caliphate. They terrorized Christian groups throughout the region. The previous administration had derisively called them “the JV team” and did little to protect minority groups or US citizens caught up in the ISIS movement. But thanks to significant investments in U.S. air power, a sustained and increased bombing campaign, as well as tactical and special forces support of Iraqi troops on the ground, ISIS has been defeated. While the long war on terrorism will continue, this round of the “War on ISIS” is over … and we won!
- Tax reform is here. The House and Senate passed fundamental Tax Reform and President Trump will sign it into law next week. Make no mistake, there are better plans they could have implemented. And without overall governmental reform, we may not see deficit reduction necessary to put a dent in our growing debt problems. As Reagan famously quipped: “We don’t have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem.” But, any reduction in tax rates is welcome, as it returns the money to the people who earned it. We also could see deficit reduction through improved economic growth creating more tax revenue. All in all, this is a WIN for the American people and a nice little gift this Christmas season.
- The Stock Market at all-time highs. Just consider these numbers – on 11/22 the Dow hit 19,000 … and since then?
1/25 – Dow 20,000
3/1 – Dow 21,000
8/2 – Dow 22,000
10/18 – Dow 23,000
11/30 – Dow 24,000
And as of this writing we are heading towards Dow 25,000! Your portfolio has benefitted, the economy has benefitted, and America is back in business!
- Economy roaring with GDP now at 3+%. Another monster quarter could give us the best annual GDP number in a decade. The removal of hundreds of burdensome regulations, the expectation of meaningful tax reduction, and the belief that free market capitalism will be practiced by the current administration has apparently unleashed those animal spirits held back over the last 8+ years. This is good for your retirement plan, it is good for employment, and it is good for America!
- It’s a Merry Christmas because you can finally say ‘Merry Christmas’. America was founded as a Christian nation by those fleeing religious wars and state-religion in Europe. If the state was Catholic, so were you. The beauty of America is that all faiths, and those who do not have a religious faith, are free to live as they choose. It is called FREEDOM. But that everyone is free does not change the nature of the holiday – it is a Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Christ! Political correctness run amok had led to the previous administration and the broader public afraid to use the term “Merry Christmas” and instead replacing it with “Happy Holidays.” As ludicrous as political correctness has become, it is a breath of fresh air to see and hear people more openly referring to the holiday by its actual name.
So, some great news stories that fueled a great run-up to Christmas 2017! But the true importance of Christmas is not a time to receive gifts, but a time to give gifts. It should not be just a commercial enterprise of exchanging gifts with family members, but also the giving to those in need, those who need food, shelter, and clothing. Let us all pray for our nation, to heal those who are hurting this holiday season, and to find a way to help those that are less fortunate. That is the true meaning and spirit of Christmas.
As the New Year approaches, it may also be time to give yourself a gift. Get a free financial review from your Ty J. Young advisor by calling today. Make sure that while you are enjoying an epic run in your portfolio, you are also protecting those hard-earned gains from any future correction. Call now! 877-912-1919