President Trump’s first few months in office has left much to be desired. While reversing Obama era executive orders and the attack on the Syrian air base were steps in the right direction, his base has grown agitated as budgets remain largely Democratic in nature and the wall remains unfunded.
Of course, the start of his administration has faced significant headwinds: The Democrats have acted as a disloyal opposition – deranged and sabotaging the administration’s efforts to govern… many cities remain war zones and some college campuses have erupted into violence… the Republican Party remains impotent, useless, and terrified of the media and Democrats, despite being the majority… the establishment sits back and happily awaits Trump’s demise – regardless of the damage to both our domestic and foreign policy.
All of this is amplified by the media’s narrative of an administration, the nation’s capital in chaos, and Trump at the center of the storm.
But while Trump is slow to deliver on many campaign promises, the chaotic environment is more the fault of the mainstream media. At no time in our history has the majority of dominant media platforms been outright hostile and adversarial to one party over another. The media has always been liberal, but something has changed in the last 8 years. They have become the mouthpiece of a one-party state, and it is a dangerous circumstance for a free society to be in. This is a situation that has no precedent.
Here are the Top 5 Media Narratives of the Trump Administration Since January. Fact or Fiction?
- Trump’s Campaign colluded with Russia, he is a Russian agent, and fired Comey to obstruct justice. Trump works for the devil if you listen to the media all day. You name the Russian story, and the media has blown it up into headline news. The firing of FBI Director James Comey was a Nixonian attempt to obstruct justice and the investigations into Russian influence in American elections – and on Trump himself. There are now calls for a special prosecutor to investigate ALL of the Russian campaign-meddling stories.
Fact or Fiction: Media reports Trump colluded with Russia to steal an election? FICTION.
It is quite possible that Trump representatives had business dealings and meetings with Russian officials. That, in and of itself, is not illegal. It could be, but not based on the information we have to date. Hilary did as well. But did the hair stylist or mechanic in Toledo change their 2012 vote from Obama to Trump in 2016 because a Russian told them to do it? Of course not. YES, foreign powers try to influence our elections. YES, Trump’s business dealings are global. NO, there is not any evidence which suggests a single vote was changed from alleged collusion with Russia.
As for the Comey firing, the media has gone full-blown deranged on this issue as well. FACT: Presidents can fire an FBI Director when they want to. FACT: No existing investigation will stop because Comey was fired. FACT: Bill Clinton fired his FBI director. FACT: Had Clinton won the election, she or Obama would have fired Comey immediately for his blatant mishandling of the Clinton email scandal. The current media narrative is simply untrue.
- Trump Travel Ban is Unconstitutional and Discriminatory. With headline after headline describing Trump’s Executive Order travel ban as “discriminating against Muslims,” the public would be forgiven if they believed the media’s narrative in describing it as a “Muslim Ban.” The courts have aided in this matter by ruling against both the original and revised order.
Fact or Fiction: Media reports the Executive Order Travel Ban is in fact a “Muslim Ban”? FICTION.
The media said repeatedly there was no evidence of terror risk from these countries, when in fact over 113 documented convictions on terror charges had occurred from the 6 countries that affected the travel ban since 2010. The media reported it was discriminatory against only Muslim countries, but most Muslim countries were left off the list which meant they could still travel the U.S. The underlying reason for the Order was the 6 countries listed – Libya, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Yemen, and Somalia – are all failed states with no controlling government to properly vet those coming and going, or they are the sworn enemies of the U.S. (Iran). It wasn’t a Muslim ban, but a prudent safety precaution… unless you belong to the mainstream media.
- Trump is Creating a Deportation Police. The media’s cartoonish reporting includes the hysterics that mother’s would have their children ripped from their hands and we would separate families from one another.
Fact or Fiction: Trump created a deportation police and has separated parents from children? FICTION.
There has been some high-profile reporting of fathers deported who were respectable and law-abiding. How awful to take a father from their family. There was another story of a mom with an adult child being deported, but in both cases the children were not abandoned without a parent or the ability to take care of themselves. And that’s IF you believe the media’s portrayal of the events in question. Bottom line, of the several thousand deportations since January, there is no evidence of family break-ups and children left alone without their parents. It is a false narrative. The only time we can remember a child being taken from their parents was under a Democrat! This was when Bill Clinton deported Elian Gonzalez back to communist Cuba.
- Millions will die if we repeal Obamacare. The media has headlined the horrors if we repeal Obamacare, and headlined the statements of Maxine Waters for days that millions could die. We don’t know if this could happen since the “repeal” has only passed the House, and not the Senate. But it is implausible that the government would allow a health crisis to occur because of a lack of insurance leading to millions of deaths. People seem to forget the system we had before Obamacare worked… there were cost increases that were frustrating the public, but no one was dying in the streets prior to Obamacare.
Fact or Fiction: Media reports the Obamacare repeal will result in millions dying from a lack of health insurance? FICTION.
In fact, people are actually dying FROM Obamacare! According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, which supported President Obama, more people are being waitlisted for the Medicaid in-home care option than would have occurred without Obamacare, and many have died while waiting.
- Trump Leaked classified information during visit with the Russians. Executive Order 12356, dated 4/1/1986, has never been rescinded. It defines declassification to include authority granted by the supervisory official. It reads in pertinent part: “Information shall be declassified or downgraded by the official who authorized the original classification, if that official is still serving in the same position . . . [or] a supervisory official.” This has been interpreted as the President, the senior Executive Branch official, can declassify as he deems appropriate. It may not be smart…it may not be wise…but it certainly is within his authority.
Fact or Fiction: Media Reports that Trump Leaked Classified Intel to Russians FICTION, maybe…
We don’t have enough information yet to definitively say no, he did not… but it would not be illegal. His National Security Advisor, famed tank commander HR McMaster, says he didn’t and he was in the room. But that has not stopped the mainstream media from piling on. Are they investigating how many secrets were given away on Hilary Clinton’s basement server? Uh… no.
There has always been bias in the media. But there has never been anything like what we are living through today. The media, and much of the politics, are unhinged. Markets continue to go up, up, up… and yet we ALL know nothing lasts forever. In this unprecedented environment, isn’t safety of principal and a reasonable rate of return the safer, more prudent way to protect your retirement money?
Call now to learn more at 877-912-1919.